Best FMCG Campaign - Best Use of Doordrops
Issue 13 | December 2009
Chemistry Communications Group
Creative Director: Tim Uden Designer: Mark Harrison Copywriter: Gilly Hanna Artworker: Kenny Risk Digital Designer: Thomas Whitehead Client Services Director: Ingrid Purcell Senior Account Director: Sarah Andrews Senior Account Manager: Paul Durrans Account Executive: Olivia Thompson
SCA Hygiene Products : Velvet
From March to June 2009
Velvet launched a bold new messaging platform: that for every tree Velvet used they would ensure that 3 more are replanted. To reinforce this message and deeply engage consumers, a unique ‘edu-tainment’ brand learning experience for children
was created called the ‘Triple Velvet Tree Detective’.
In a category clouded by white softness, the bold tree-themed campaign had major cut-through. It captured parents’ hearts by giving their children the chance to participate in tactile activities, teaching them the importance of trees and the chance to be deputized as a ‘Triple Velvet Tree Detective’.
Targets were smashed:
- 93.5% respondents recalled the 3 Trees message against a target of 60%.
- 84.3% respondents intended to purchase Triple Velvet against a target of 50%.
- Website traffic increased by 20% (target 15%).
- One independent researcher claimed it was “the most positive piece of research” they had ever seen.
Submit Your Work
Send us your work for the next issue of Directory using our submissions form
We have subscription packages for freelancers, for small teams and for large groups.
People Also Read
- The Collection of Tomorrow
Issue 58, March 2021